Godzilla and Friends

Godzilla and Friends

Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Amazing Spider-man 2 Review (Some Spoilers!)




Welcome back to my blog! This weekend I will be doing 2 movie reviews: this one and Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster. This review will contain spoilers, so please do be cautious if you wish to avoid such. If not, read on!

The Amazing Spider-man 2 expands and improves upon the original 2012 film. It shows what happened to Peter's parents, what Norman Osborn was suffering from, and more on the genetic spider testing. The way director Marc Webb (oh, the ironic puns!) handles three villains is miles better than Spiderman 3, in this reviewer's opinion.

Allow me to summarize the film in a paragraph.
The story begins by showing Peter's parents and their ultimate fate. Then, whilst a police chase occurs, Spider-man saves Max Dillon, an engineer at Oscorp, who wants to be noticed. Now obsessed, he goes about practically drooling over his hero. After an accident with the power, Max becomes Electro, and after a brief fight, is subdued. Meanwhile, Peter is trying to decide how to be with Gwen Stacy despite his superhero career. When he meets up with his old friend Harry Osborn, who is inflicted with a genetic disease passed down by his father, Harry wishes to use Spider-man' blood to save himself. Though Spidey refuses, Harry manages to find out where surviving samples of the original genetically altered spider venom is, but is soon fired after Oscorp finds out he is searching through Max Dillon's accident file, as they wish to hide it from the public. Managing to strike a deal with Electro, Harry gets the samples, but it alters him to the point of insanity and gains super strength and a suit of armor. Meanwhile, Electro goes to the power station and fights Spidey in a final battle. With Gwen Stacy's help, he manages to defeat the electrical menace just in time for Harry/Green Goblin to appear. After the fight, Spider-man mourns for the loss of -SUPER SPOILERS- Gwen. After five months of inactivity, Spider-man eventually comes to terms with her death and ends the film fighting Rhino.

This film's plot was executed most excellently, and the special effects were stunning. The music was AMAZING (see what I did there) and was in all the right moments. The acting was peculiar for Andrew Garfield, though I suppose a teenager would stutter quite a bit.
The plot, while seemingly complicated, is only somewhat complex and is a good story. The way they handled the characters where great; they all played their parts very well. Everything about the film is good in my opinion, though I suppose if you wanted a more critical review, you should check out other sites dedicated to film reviews.

All in all, this movie is a worthy sequel to the 2012 film, and connects many plot points while establishing new ones for the presumed third installment. The costumes were spot-on, and the acting overall was spectacular. I myself have no complaints for this film, other than it seemed a little on the long side in terms of running time. Some final notes: this Spiderman film is easily among my favorite Marvel films, I didn't go too in-depth with this film, and I am really biased because I love Spider-man in general. I will try to be more in-depth, but some helpful tips would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!



My Final Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars

An excellent sequel to an awesome franchise

See you when I review Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster!

Please comment, I need to know how I'm doing!





1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm charmed with your way of writing the movie and everything you are very OK. I as your owner Spider-man's movies and batman between others. Also I like to draw though not could create a blog on line but I wait to do soon. I am charmed with quite what you do here. Always I am going to look here this way that it continues haci because you do it very well friend, you are so intelligent, Love your blog, A great hug fibro from Chile (South America)

    Christian Fernandez Ramirez

    ReplyDelete